ABLEnow Cards are now mobile wallet compatible, which means you can pay for qualified disability expenses with your phone.
Mobile wallets—smartphone apps where you can store your debit and credit cards—can be a faster, easier and more secure way to pay for transactions.
The use of mobile phones to pay bills and transact other business is becoming more common. According to a report by the National Disability Institute1, seven percent of people with disabilities regularly use mobile payments while an additional 17 percent indicate periodic usage. The adoption rate is projected to grow along with technological advancements.
Follow the steps below to add your ABLEnow Card to your mobile wallet:
- Verify that your mobile phone number and email are listed correctly in the account portal by visiting the Message Center > Update Notification Preferences.
- Find the mobile wallet app icon on your phone and click the “+” to add a new card.
- Take a picture of your card or enter the card details manually.
- Review and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Authenticate your enrollment, if required, by entering the one-time passcode sent via text message2 or email.
Begin using your mobile wallet for qualified disability expenses.
NOTE: Authorized Signers will need to call 844-593-3985 to authenticate via phone.
All ABLEnow account owners receive the ABLEnow Card at no additional cost. There is no fee charged by ABLEnow to add or use your ABLEnow Card in your mobile wallet.
More information is available in these frequently asked questions (FAQs) on mobile wallet (PDF).
. National Disability Institute (NDI) data from the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Investor Education Foundation’s National Financial Capability Study. (2017) Financial Capability of Adults with Disabilities. https://www.nationaldisabilityinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/ndi-finra-report-2017.pdf
. ABLEnow does not charge a fee for the Mobile Payment service. However, a supported mobile device is needed to use Mobile Payments. Also, your wireless carrier may charge you for data usage. Check with your wireless carrier for details regarding your specific wireless plan and any data usage or text messaging charges that may apply.